Personal accounts of how illness has affected people's spiritual lives, Buddhist teachings on sickness and general reflections on illness and spirituality.
- A Deeper Healing: The Challenge of Chronic Illness Chronic illness can feel overwhelming, but perhaps we can feel healed even when we are not cured, by opening to our pain and letting our expereince be, so that it can transform us.
- Being Here Vidyamala describes how she discovered meditation and mindfulness as tools for pain management
- Breaking the Law (of karma) In popular understandings of karma, illness can be seen as flowing from misdemeanours in previous lives. But is this really the meaning of karma, and are there more positive ways to understand a life affected by illness?
- Compassion's Teardrops 'Illness is not a mistake - atoms are eternal and permeated by sacredness under all conditions'. By Emily Roberts
- Lama Yeshe’s Face Contemplation on illness, inspired by the photo of a terminally ill Tibetan Lama.
- Laying Motionless A contemplation, by Emily Roberts
- The Illness Doorway When illness is the only path available - reflections by Emily Roberts. This short article is taken from Breaking the Law, but omits the discussion of karma.
- Thoughts on Enclosure Reflections on solitude enforced by illness.