We are a Buddhist group, based in Perth, Scotland.
We practise mindfulness and ethical living in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. We also offer Pureland practice.
We currently meet online.
Thich Nhat Hanh was a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, revered throughout the world for his powerful teachings and bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace.
His key teaching is that, through mindfulness, we can learn to live happily in the present moment—the only way to truly develop peace, both in one’s self and in the world.
It is difficult if not impossible to practise the way of understanding and love without a sangha, a community of friends who practise the same way — Thich Nhat Hanh
We offer simple practices, including
- guided mindfulness meditation, guided loving-kindness (metta) meditation, sitting, chanting and walking meditation and time for deep listening to each other.
We focus on
- the unconditional love of the Buddha
- gratitude for the immeasurable gifts we already receive
- our own Buddha-nature and our human nature
- the Earth and all living things
- friendship and mutual support
“Two thousand five hundred years ago, Shakyamuni Buddha proclaimed that the next Buddha will be named Maitreya, the ‘Buddha of Love.’ I think Maitreya Buddha may be a COMMUNITY and not just an individual. A good community is needed to help us resist the unwholesome ways of our time. Mindful living protects us and helps us go in the direction of peace. With the support of friends in the practice, peace has a chance.”
~Thich Nhat Hanh